Network Equipment Technologies, Inc. (“NET”, NASDAQ: NWK) announced today the general availability of SmartSIP, which provides interoperability for SIP endpoints and Microsoft unified communications. The addition of SmartSIP to NET’s product portfolio supports the new direction of collaboration in the workplace where real-time, integrated communications are driving increased productivity throughout the enterprise.
SmartSIP is the first enterprise application built using Microsoft Unified Communications Managed API (UCMA) to address the interoperability of legacy SIP endpoints and Microsoft unified communications. SmartSIP extends enterprises’ existing SIP endpoints for use with Microsoft’s Office Communications Server (OCS) and reduces operating expenses by automatically provisioning the endpoints.
“NET continues to deliver on a real-time communications strategy built on an open, interoperable architecture and flexible deployment models. SmartSIP provides our customers with additional solutions that complement the capabilities of Microsoft’s Office Communications Server and facilitate the adoption of unified communications,” said Talbot Harty, Chief Development Officer, Network Equipment Technologies.
SmartSIP and NET’s real time networking solutions are specifically designed to work together to provide enterprise-class integration, interoperability, and security with scalability for the adoption of Microsoft unified communications.
“With NET’s SmartSIP, I can allow my customers to keep the SIP phones they already have, lowering the upfront cost of a Microsoft OCS migration while still providing the functionality today’s information worker demands,” said Kevin Peters, Senior Consultant, PCMS IT Advisor Group. “SmartSIP has allowed me to take SIP phones that would have otherwise been put on the shelves at the time of migration and bring them back into production. This lowers the deployment costs and keeps thousands of perfectly good phones out of landfill.”
“SmartSIP expands the Microsoft OCS environment and increases the value and the capability of your existing telephony investment,” said Nilufer Ozumit, Business Development Manager, Tesas, Turkey.
• Extend existing SIP Phones to use with Microsoft’s Office Communications Server
• Reduce operating expenses by automatically provisioning selected SIP Phone Configuration Data
• See “Presence” of existing SIP Phones in Microsoft Office Communicator
• Make and receive Microsoft OCS calls from SIP Phones
• Use Active Directory for inbound and outbound call routing, caller name display for Caller ID
Sample Supported Endpoints:
• Cisco 79XX
• Polycom SoundPoint IP
• Linksys SPA942
• X-Lite Soft Phone
• Aastra 6571/675
• Ascom DECT
• Analog phones through Tenor Gateway
• For information on NET’s software solutions, please visit Software Solutions
• For the OCS blog by Kevin Peters, Senior Consultant, PCMS, IT Advisor Group, visit www.ocsguy.com
• For more information about NET’s unified communications news and activities, follow us via Twitter @NET4UC
• For more information about NET Federal news and activities, follow us via Twitter @NETFEDERAL
About Network Equipment Technologies:
Network Equipment Technologies, Inc. (NET) provides network and VoIP solutions to enterprises and government agencies that seek to reduce the cost to deploy next generation unified and secure communications applications. For a quarter of a century, NET has delivered solutions for multi-service networks requiring high degrees of versatility, security and performance. Today, the company's broad family of products enables interoperability and integration with existing networks for migration to secure IP-based communications. NET is headquartered in Fremont, CA and has 14 offices worldwide including the US, the UK, France, the Middle East, China, Japan, Australia, and Latin America. The company sells its solutions through a direct sales force and an international network of resellers and distributors.
+1 510 647 8870